Barcelona / Katalonia / Spain – I always wanted to visit this beautiful place and I didn’t get disappointed 🙂 I was really fascinated of this stunning architecture, the beautiful colours, the awesome view and this amazing city flair. Barcelona had me at the first sight and it’s definitely one of my favourite europen cities.
This beautiful city at the sunshine coast from spain offers you everything you want: you’ll see soo beautiful buildings, especially the architecture from gaudi is still awesome, you can relax between some exhausting shopping hours at the beach, because the city is located at the sea 🙂 Also a tip for us girls: the fashion range in barcelona is amazing – I came back with felt two more kilo on weight in my suitcase 😉 All in all I’m still really fascinated from this lovely place, it’s a fresh mix of shopping, beach hunting, excellent food and sightseeing – definitely a place, where it’d be never boring.
Well, now you can find my travel diary about Barcelona and also some information which may help you for your next trip.
From getting into the city from the airport, I took a taxi, because it wasn’t so cheap and the location to my hotel wasn’t so good for choosing the metro. I’ve choosen a hotel (the barcelo atenea mar) near to the beach, because I love waking up with a beautiful view over the sea. And you can also take a walk there on the evening – just a perfect combination 🙂
My top 5 sightseeing’s in Barcelona:
- An absolutely must see is the beautiful port vell, here can you plan a chilled walk around the monstrous ships or visit the aquarium. By the way, this aquarium is the largest in europe. It really a nice place to spend an afternoon there.
- The next sightseeing was also my little highlight of this city trip, because I felt in love with the gaudi architecture. Therefore you should absolutely visit one of the following buildings: park güell, casa batllo or the casa mila. We just visit the last one, because the waiting hours for these sightseeing’s are horribly (tip: book the tickets for the sightseeing online) and the architecture is really unique, one of the famoust buildings from gaudi with a lot of interesting facts in it. We also took a walk at the park güell, there you’ve a beautiful view over the whole city.
- The basilica sagrada familia, it’s the famous sightseeing from Barcelona. Also at this building, the engineering from gaudi is so amazing, you must see it with your eyes, it’s indescribably. At our visit, we unfortunately weren’t able to visit the church from the inside, also for the completion of the building we must wait until 2026. Gaudi started the building 1882 and he had the leading until his death 1926.
- Montjuic & Font Magica is a perfect combination for an afternoon walk. From the top of the montjuic you have an awesome view over the whole metropolis. A visit at the front magica at evenings is always a great idea, because you can watch the beautiful colors of the fountain.
- La rambla & mercat de sant josep is always a must see. Stroll through the rambla, go shopping or take a break at one of the cafes and enjoy an icecream. Also a little highlight is the market hall la boqueria, where you can taste through the whole market a lot of typical spain products.